Read e-mails with Carerix from the mailbox using the following protocols:
- POP - Carerix and the mailserver are not synced. It means whatever changes you make in your mailclient will not be transferred to the webmail inbox.
- IMAP - Carerix syncs with the mailserver. Any changes you make in your mailclient will instantly appear on your webmail inbox.
- POP and IMAP are the most common protocols for reading e-mails. Every well-known e-mail program (Outlook, Apple mail, Thunderbird...)
POP or IMAP
Use POP when you read your e-mails with just one e-mail program. Choose for example Carerix as your only e-mail program. The benefits are:
- Read e-mail when a computer and internet is available.
- Every e-mail is automatically linked to a candidate and a job order file so they are easy to be found.
- The mailbox on the server doesn't fill up.
Use IMAP when you read your e-mail with more then one e-mail program. This can be a good choice when:
- You want to use Carerix and Outlook.
- You want to use Carerix and the standard e-mail program from your smartphone or tablet.
With IMAP, you use two or more e-mail programs at the same time and you see the same e-mails in every program. This is because the e-mails are in the mailbox on the server and the e-mail program 'just looks' to whatever is on the server.
For some e-mail systems is POP or IMAP not an option. There is a third possibility: The administrator of your e-mail system can setup a so called 'Relay'. The e-mails that arrive in your system will be send to your Carerix e-mail address.