You work with Carerix. Sometimes you see the following message:
"You have been signed out due to long inactivity. Click here to sign in again or press Ctrl-F5"
This is because your session has expired. This will cause an automatic logout from Carerix.
When you log in to Carerix, you start a "Session". This session will remain until you choose "sign out".
Many Carerix users never sign out, but just close the browser window. To make sure no-one else can use your session, it has a limited validity: It will expire 40 minutes after your last activity.
Not all activity is visible for the Carerix application
- Page changes are always visible, and therefore count as 'activity' for the application.
- When you remain on the same page for long, Carerix will not notice this activity.
An example is when you are filling out a complicated candidate- or job order page.
This can cause the above notice when you finally try to save the results.
When filling out a compicated page, it is always prudent to choose [save] now and then.
Also, you can change the duration of the session time out in the follwing way:
- Log in as Administrator
- Go to: "Maintenance" > "Settings"
- Click on general settings
- At 'sessionTimeOut" enter the desired dureation in seconds
- Save your changes
This new value applies to anyone who singns in after that.
Some useful values:
- 1800: ½ hour
- 2400: 40 minutes (default value: "more than half an hour")
- 3600: 1 hour
- 5400: 1½ hours