You have attended the administrator training, familiarizing yourself with the general configuration of Carerix, so you can start using it. We recommend you start configuring directly after the training.
- Carefully read the Implementation Documents that you have been sent. Next to the configuration there are - as discussed in the training- a number of other things that have to be coordinated.
- Decide on a GoLive date with the above in mind.
Carerix is initially configured in the most extensive way possible, you can start to configure the application to your own needs.
The list below can be used as guideline for a general configuration. After 1 to 2 months of usage, you can extend the configuration with extra functionalities.
In case that your organization is already using Carerix for several years, you might want to consider an optimalization of the application. It is best you ask your own Customer Succes Manager for a Business Scan.
Remark: Use the fields in the records as they were intended. Do not misuse fields without consulting Carerix.
Step 1: General settings
- Add offices and directions (Word or PDF attachment to main office)
- Upload your logo (see following instruction video)
- Define and create user roles
- Configuration profile: e.g. hide fields or make them mandatory
- Add users
Step 2: E-mail configuration
- E-mail settings for the users
- Set own E-mail address as Sender
- Edit E-mail footer (if desired)
A part of these step 1 and 2 settings might have been done during the training.
More information with regard to E-mail Settings, can be found here.
Step 3: De-activate unimportant tables
- In the maintenance menu of Carerix, you can choose Tables and after using the search lines; "Table > equal to"and "Active is yes" you can select all items (see example)
- After selecting 'all' you can run the report > "overview all active table items".
- All active tables are exported to an Excel sheet..For instructions, click here.
- De-activate tables and table items that you are not going to use. E.g. Function0 and Function1 - Education0, 1 and 2 - Skills0, 1 and 2.
Tip: make sure that when you de-activate table items that they are not already in use in active candidate or contactperson files. If so, first change these files contents and than de-activate the table items. You can recognize this when a item field is 'red'
Step 4: Configuring tables
Functions, Education and Skills
- Function0 and 1 and synonyms
Avoid a great diversity of job titles. The more titles, the more difficult it gets to find the right candidates. Keep in mind candidates only use general titles when they look for a job. You can always manually adjust the job title in the publication.- Try to cover specific additions to function titles with 'Skills'.
Example1: Sales manager B2B --> you define the job Sales manager. Define related job titles in the synonyms, to ensure CV extraction works properly. Next, define the item Business to Business in table "Skills".
Example2: Sr. Sales Manager or Senior Sales Manager, should be: Sales Manager and at the Function Level Table, you ad Senior.
2. Education and synonyms
The education table is filled with general items, where extra items will be necessary. Especially branch specific education and courses need to be added.
3. Skills and synonyms (In Settings, determine check box or drop down selection view)
The same applies to Skills. De-activate the skills you are not going to use and add skills you are missing. Use synonyms to improve the cv extraction.
4. Groups (candidates, contacts, companies)
In case you desire, make groups where you determine certain criteria. E.g.; Type of company A - B - C or candidate type High Potential.
Function names: When publishing a vacancy (publications), you can always fill out a free chosen vacancy title (different than the one used in the vacancy file).
Source, Category, Groups, Status and Type
Change or add where deemed necessary:
- Type and Result Meeting (Example: Acquisition, Inbound Relationship visit, Outbound Relationship visit, Intake Open Application)
- Type and Result Note (Example: Reference, Conversation notes, Visitation Report, Organisation Structure, Contact moment)
- Type and Result Task (Example: Relationship management, Acquisition, Contact moment, Phone call)
- Groups (Define your customers as groups:. A, B)
- Categorizing Companies: Company Type, Key Account
- Status (Candidate, Contact, Job Order, Company, Publication, Placement)
- Source (all sources)
- Procedure (e.g. Temp or Perm)
- For visitation reports use the Activity Notes within the Contact file. Make sure you have complemented the table Note Type with the items you wish. (Example: Visitation report, phone conversation etc.)
- Meeting type: the installed items with a yellow box can not be changed. These items are connected to a trigger in the stages.
- For a correct CV Extraction you need to fill in or add to the synonyms in tables like function education, training, or skills.
- Type document : Set in the user roles whether a user may or may not see certain saved documents.
- Tables about timesheets, placements and invoices are only relevant if you work with the Staffing Edition and use the timesheets and invoicing.
- Can be found on the left hand side of your screen, under 'maintenance'.
- De-activate media you are not going to use. Some media are system media channels and can't be deactivated. Media named "Own website" is an example, this channels will put publications on your own website.
Step 5. Configuring Match Stages
Stages are the various steps within the recruitment process (workflow) for a candidate 'match' (application) to a job order (vacancy). This process describes the steps from application to placement.
- The "Standard Stages", at delivery are focused on the methodology within Carerix. They have been configured in such a way that all functionalities in matches work as you have learned during training. This includes E-mails.
- Do not mix Stages with Status - they are two different things. For example, "Candidate is unavailable" is not a stage. This is set using "Candidate Status" (Table: Status Candidate).
- Beware: All other matters that you control after placement in Recruitment & Selection are taken care of with Tasks (task templates) and Triggers. For Posting, do this in the Placement module (with task templates and triggers). In other words, after placement, the recruitment process has ended!
Now proceed as follows
- De-activate stages that you are not going to use.
- Download the Excel document. This is an overview of the (pre)set Stages.
- Create your concept Stage structure, using this document. (Add a line and highlight what you think will not be necessary)
- If you need advice or help, you can request a consultancy call to have your concept process checked, before you change the standard Stages in Carerix.
Without consultancy: What you can/can not do
- You may not alter the existing (standard) Stages. If you do not wish to use it, deactivate the Stage.
- You may change the name of an existing Stage, but not its functionality (for example, you may not change Stage "Phone Interview" to "1st call")
- If you are missing one, create a new Stage.
- If Recruitment is your only business, you can deactivate the steps of the Posting procedure.
- If Posting is your only business, the above applies, but vice versa.
- If you do both, leave the Stages as they are.
Testing of stages
You can test the recruitment process by using the files of our test candidate, job order and test contact person.
Errors after re-configuring Stages
If you make changes in Stages or E-mail templates without consultancy or advanced administrator experience, you risk the following:
- Configured functionality within a Match no longer works (Triggers, Scheduling meetings, Candidate Status, E-mails etc).
- E-mail template bugs must be fixed
- Carerix will only repair or change at an hourly rate
- Carerix will not repair or debug your custom made templates. We will always create a new e-mail template, that meets your demands, at a cost.
Need help? Insecure? Ask assistance of Carerix consultants via Carerix Services for design, development and adjusting of:
- Your recruitment process
- E-mail templates and additional e-mail
- Table configuration
By means of the earlier mentioned Business Scan our consultants are able to determine your needs in a fast manner.
Step 6. Layout Documents
Your administrator is eventually responsible for the go-live of your end users. It is important to test the application and all internal processes well. One of those work processes is the layout of document templates. The most added or changed (requested) templates are:
- The cv template, used for introduction of candidates with the client (candidate file)
- The "Send list" template (used for introduction of one or many candidates to on or more contact persons).
- Examine the library for other useful documents for a file
- There is a possibility to have more fields added to your cv template. E.g. text used in the evaluation tab of the candidate. Here you could fill out a introduction text of the candidate to the client. Ask our projects department for the possibilities.
Step 7. Application forms
An example of the connection between Carerix and your portal forms, can be found here. Go through the documentation for the website builder, that is send to you by your project manager.
Step 8. Reports, E-mail and document templates
We advice to go to the reports issue, after Go-live. To do this, you go to the Document library via 'maintenance menu' - 'templates' in Carerix. Here you can find and install the most useful templates for your organization.
The basic set-up of your Carerix application contains a small amount of basic templates.
Beware: When the template is already installed and it's contents is changed, a newly installed template will overwrite the previous active version.
Support by configuration
We most likely help you out.
On one hand we support you with articles on our on-line helpdesk (Intercom) and on the other hand via our Customer Succes team, (Support colleagues, Consultants, Account Managers) are at your disposal for:
- All support question
- Customery Requests
Remember that as long as you are still in the implementation phase, all you questions should be directed to your projects team Project Manager.
When you are no longer in the implementation phase all question can be send to our Customer Succes Team