The cx:language element encloses the part of the template content in which the set language is applied.
The set language applies to:
- cx:write with attribute invoke="localizedString"
- the way in which the following information is displayed: dates, addresses and the way persons are addressed
(example: the opening line in an email)
- the values for table items (CRDataNode objecten)
- By setting the value for the attribute invoke in cx:write to localizedString the language module is activated. The right translation for the text will be fetched and displayed.
- For every tabel item the appropriate translation is fetched and displayed. Is the translation for the set language not available then the translation for the application language is used.
- The variable $language contains the active set language and thus changes when cx:language is used.
The following table contains all attributes available with the cx:element element. Obligatory attributes are printed bold.