This document describes the main process workflow of the sales and opportunity for the Carerix organisation. The Lead section is reserved for Marketing and the Opportunity section is reserved for Account Managers. Basically Leads and Opportunities are two separate parts of the Sales process which could be linked to each other. At the same time Opportunities and Leads could have absolutely independent workflow which consist from their own Stages, Groups, Procedures, Triggers, Templates, Dashboards, Sources, Companies, Contacts and Job orders. Leads and Opportunities items could have relation with the multiple Job orders, but in the same time Job order could be linked only to one Lead and one Opportunity. Contacts with Leads and Opportunities could have many-to-many relation ship which provide configuration flexibility.
On our YouTube-channel there is also an instructionvideo for Leads & Opportunities
The Administrator is able to activate "Leads and Opportunity" functionality
- Go to "Maintenance"Go to "Settings"
- Go to block "Leads & Opportunities"
- Click on button <<Activate>>
Sales functionality will be delivered in 10-15 minutes after activation. User relogin is required.
Post-activation changes in the application
When activation is done system gets new fields and sections:
- Context bar->Lead/Opportunity/Job order section instead of just Job order. Shows a Lead, Opportunity or a Job order, depending on what was used last.
Activities->Email/Task/Calendar items have new Leads and Opportunities options inside Link functionality. Action which creates relationship between Job order and Lead/Opportunity
- Files->Job order detail page. New Leads and Opportunities options inside "Link" action. Action which creates relationship between Job order and Lead/Opportunity
- Files->Contact detail page->Leads and Opportunities tabs. The list of related Leads/Opportunities.
- Files->Company detail page->Leads tab. The list of related Leads.
- Files->Leads section. View is decoupled on the existing and active Stage group lead tabs for Leads. Overview contains the list of created Leads filtered by chosen Stage group leads.
- Files->Lead detail page. Shows all the related info about current lead with General, Attachments, Job order, Contacts, Activities and Placement tabs.
- Files->Opportunities section. View is decoupled on the existing and active Stage group opportunity tabs for Opportunities. Overview contains the list of created Opportunities filtered by chosen Stage group opportunities.
- Files->Opportunity detail page. Shows all the related info about current lead with General, Attachments, Job order, Contacts, Activities and Placement tabs.
- Email/Document templates detail page -> Visible at field has new items - Lead, Lead stage, Opportunity, Opportunity stage. Templates usage are same as for the rest of the Carerix system.
- Maintenance->Lead stages / Opportunity stages sections. Stages functionality pretty much the same as for Matches. The difference is that Matche stages related to the Match entities while Lead stages / Opportunity stages are for Leads and Opportunities.
- Tables section. The list of new tables for the Leads and Opportunities contains: Attribute, Category, Group, Priority, Procedure, Role, Source, Stage group for lead/opportunity
- Trigger section. New set of triggers are available for Lead and Opportunity.
- User role section. 2 new entities are under control for CRUD Actions: Lead and Opportunity.
The contextbar item for Job order is enhanced to Lead/Opportunity/Job order, and shows a Lead, Opportunity or a Job order, depending on what was used last. The history of the context bar for Lead/Opportunity/Job order contains Leads, Opportunities and Job orders, distinguished by an icon. If the setting misc.showSalesProcess is set to NO, the title for this context bar item remains “Job order”. When the job order details are opened of a job order that has a lead or opportunity linked to it, the context bar shows the job order, and not the connected lead/opportunity.
When the activity details are opened of an activity that has both a job order and a lead/opportunity linked to it, the job order shows in the context bar, not the lead/opportunity. If the activity doesn’t have a job order, then the lead/opportunity is shown in the context bar. When the lead/opportunity details are opened the lead/opportunity is shown in the context bar, not any of the connected job orders.
User role management
The User role setting has two new additional configurations for viewing, creating, editing and deleting actions.
The Sales functionality includes document and email templates which are linked to the Stages. The option "Visible at" filed inside template detail page has a new items: Lead stage, Opportunity stage. A new list with available stages is shown after choosing "Lead/Opportunity stage" for "Visible at" field. So there is a possibility to define relationships between template and stages.
Lead/Opportunity stages are maintained through the Lead/Opportunity stages module, available in the Maintenance menu below the Stages menu item. The Lead stages are multilingual, so the “Name” of the stage shows a text field for each defined system language. The Stage detail page has wide configuration which has connection with existing email/document template, with procedures, stages and with active stages.
- Integer sort index input and activation checkbox.
- New Lead/Opportunity gets a default stage. To make a certain stage the default - "Defaults" checkbox should be checked.
- Final stage for the process. Lead converted to Opportunity - Final stage for the Lead should be applied. Opportunity converted to Lead - Final stage for the Opportunity should be applied.
- Custom stage color is visible in overview and detail page of the Lead/Opportunity
- The set of e-mail templates which are available at the detail page of Lead/Opportunity
- The set of document templates which are available at the detail page of Lead/Opportunity
- Set of previous possible stages which are allow to choose when Lead/Opportunity are in a current stage.
- Set of previous next stages which are allow to choose when Lead/Opportunity are in a current stage.
- Related procedure item for this stage
- Related stage group item for this stage.
- Code is used for templates and dashboard
- Remarks/Instruction - The text will be shown in lead/opportunity with this stage.
Both Lead and Opportunity have 9 available tables inside Maintenance->Tables
- Attribute lead/opportunity - provides possibility to create additional information fields
- Category lead/opportunity - creates an entity which is using as a subcategory of the Procedure field in Lead/Opportunity detail page
- Grouplead/opportunity - provides typical group functionality which is showing in the hints bar of the lead/opportunity detail page.
- Prioritylead/opportunity - is using for "Success rate" fieldset inside Lead/Opportunity fieldset
- Procedurelead/opportunity - creates an entity as a main part for the "Procedure/Category" field in Lead/Opportunity detail page
- Role for lead/opportunity - can be used as a role for the contact persons in Lead/Opportunity detail page
- Source lead/opportunity - can be used for the "Notes" fiedset inside Lead/Opportunity detail page.
- Stage group lead/opportunity - provides the possibility to create different groups and attach them to different stages for further lead/opportunity allocating.
Lead and Opportunity wizard
In order to create new Leads and Opportunities records there is typical "+" button in the left menu and both overviews have "New" buttons.
Step 1 to create a new Lead/Opportunity
Is about company connection. Company can be taken from the context bar, creating new one or finding existing one. Lead wizard has 1 more additional option "None", in this case wizard will bring the customer to the 3-rd step without linking company and contact.
Step 2 to create a new Lead/Opportunity
Is about contact connection. Contact can be taken from the context bar, creating new one or finding existing one. Lead wizard has 1 more additional option "None", in this case wizard will bring the customer to the 3-rd step with company linking but without contact linking.
Step 3 to create a new Lead/Opportunity
Is about lead/opportunity record. 1-st option is a Lead/Opportunity from the context bar. 2-nd option "Find an existing lead and make a copy" is shown in case when previously chosen contacts already linked to some lead/opportunity records. 3-rd option is always available - "Create an empty lead/opportunity record"
Leads and Opportunities sections
Two new options inside "Files" section are introduced - "Leads" and "Opportunities". Both items have a lot of things in common with each other. Each item includes Overview functionality, general detail page, Attachments, Jobs, Contacts, Activities and Placements tabs.
This is the “Stage group” overview on Leads/Opportunities, similar to the Matches overview, with a tab for each Lead/Opportunity stage group, holding the Leads/Opportunities in that Lead/Opportunity stage group. Additionally there are tabs for “My Leads”, “Leads of my office” and “All Leads”. Each of tabs has "New" button, Bulk action list, simple search, advanced search, print template, set of reports and preview panel.
Detail page functionality
The details for Leads/Opportunities are similar to the Job order details, with the following tabs and actions: General tab
- General tab actions:
- Save (All changes will be validated and saved)
- Print button (Use configured print template for the Lead/Opportunity record)
- Link (Opportunity record has Contact and Company items. Lead has Contact, Company and Opportunity)
- + Opportunity (Only Lead record has this button. Just like a Match button to convert that into a Placement. This Button converts Lead into Opportunity. It will also impact the Endstage of the Lead stages, there must be a default endstage just like in matches. The end result is that there is a Opportunity with a linked Lead.)
- Cancel (Discard all the changes and close the record)
The toolbar for the General tab contains Stage instead of Status and works identical to the Stage selector in a Match. So when the Stage is changed, the email and document comboboxes are updated.
There is a possibility to upload attachment files with different types for the Lead/Opportunity items. Job orders tab: Lead/Opportunity could be linked to several Job orders. Job orders tab has 2 buttons: New (For creating and linking new job orders) and Add (For linking already existing job orders)
Lead/Opportunity could have multiple contacts with wide range of roles which are taking from Role for Lead/Opportunity table. Contacts tab has 2 buttons: New (For creating and linking new contacts) and Add (For linking already existing contacts). If the role of a contact person is not Main contact or Sigh authority, then the role could be changed from the contacts list (See pic. 20)
There is a possibility to create an activity which is related to the Lead/Opportunity. There is a New button available in Activities tab of the Lead/Opportunity detail page, as well as through the Activity icons in the context bar.
There is a possibility to see placements that are connected to the job orders within the Lead/opportunity. Also the Placement overview has a New button to create a placement record. The current tab shows all placements from job orders which are linked to the current Lead/Opportunity record.
Each item from Activities section (E-mail, Tasks, Calendar, Notes) has 2 new options: Lead and Opportunity inside Link action from overview and detail page. When a lead/opportunity has a link with an activity, then the activity detail page shows information about related lead/opportunity with possibility to change the stages.
Files section->Job order The Link action from the Job order overview and detail page has 2 new options: Lead and Opportunity. When a link between Job order and Lead/Opportunity is created, a new field "Related to" with a Lead/Opportunity link is shown in Job order detail page.
Files section->Contacts New Leads and Opportunities tabs inside Contact detail page are shown. Both tabs show overview with related records to the Contact with "New" buttons for creating new Lead/Opportunity. Lead tab has additional overview action - "Remove from lead".
Files section->Companies New Leads tab inside Company detail page is shown. Tab shows overview with related Leads to the Company with "New" button.