With Carerix you can easily send an e-mail to a group candidates or contacts.
As example we give the situation where you want to send a change of address to a selection contacts.
Create an e-mail template
- Go to "Maintenance"
- Go to "Templates"
- Create a new e-mail template
Name: Change of Address
Visible with: Contact
See also: Create e-mail template
E-mail template testing
- Go to the overview of contacts and select one
- Select at "Send e-mail(s)" the template "Change of Address". The e-mail screen opens.
- Check whether the message is alright. If that is not the case click [Cancel] and change the template. Iterate this proces until the template is alright.
- Is the message okay? Then fill in your own e-mailaddress at "E-mail address for test" and click [send].
- Check whether you received your e-mail. If the e-mail is not okay, change the template until it is correct.
The idea is that you have for the contact a group 'Newsletter'. And you decided to send everyone in this group an change of address.
- Go to "Contacts" and select the contacts with the next searchrule:
Group is equal to "Newsletter"
- Select at Send e-mail(s) the template "Change of address". Now the e-mail screen opens.
- Click [Generate e-mails]. All e-mail messages are now generated. After this the e-mail messages automatically are going to be send. It could take some time before all messages are being send.
- Send a message to a selection of the candidates works like this:
In the template with Visible with fill in : Candidate
Insert Candidate instead of contact in the instructions here above.
- This way you can send an e-mail to a couple of thousand receivers. If this number is larger, then you have to split the list. You can do that according to the instructions below:
Add as search-criterium: lastname starting with a b c
Now that you have a shorter list, send the e-mail.
Repeat this proces for the lastname: lastname starts with d e f, g h i etc. until you have run through the complete alphabet.
- Watch out that the template chooses the correct address: Business or Private;
With candidates it is normal that only a private address is filled in
With contacts only a business address
To be sure that the just notified process elapses well, you can click the checkbox at: Use other e-mail address if not available: If one address is not filled in, Carerix takes the other address.
- Choose in the template with Visible at for the "Contact" and not for the "Contact (CAMPAIGN)". This last named option makes the template available in a contactfile.