Carerix is a CRM system for recruiters and personnel intermediaries. Sending and receiving e-mail from and to candidates and vacancy holders can be done from within Carerix. With Carerix you can do so quite efficiently because:
- Using templates for standard messages (e.g. rejecting a candidate)
- Messages will automatically be archived in the relevant files of the candidate, employer etc.
So, Carerix has a fully integrated e-mail system. Therefore it is possible (and least complicated) to work without a separate e-mail client (like MS-Outlook or Gmail)
Your mailbox and POP/IMAP
Everyone has his own mailbox. This mailbox can be found at your Internet Service Provider (ISP). So, there is a mailbox behind your e-mail address as well.
All messages addressed to you arrive at your mailbox first. Then you read the messages from this mailbox using a so called e-mail client, like MS-Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird etc.
For the communication between the mailbox and your e-mail client you most commonly use "IMAP" (and sometimes "POP"/"POP3"). You can find more information about these two systems and the differences here.
The methods below are based on the assumption that you've received the following from your e-mail provider:
- address of your mailserver: e.g. servername.carerix.com
- Username: e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: e.g. secret
In most cases, clients choose to either only use Carerix for reading e-mail, or to let a synchronisation happen with their e-mail program (like Outlook or Gmail), or their smartphone mail program.
Syncing between Carerix and mail programme/device (MS-Outlook, GMail, etc)
Do you want to synchronise between Carerix and your mail software for your business e-mail? Take the following steps:
- Open the user file (either go to "My account" on the top right of your screen, or as an administrator, go to "Users" and open the user file)
- Scroll to "E-mail settings", fill in the address of the mail server in the field at Mailserver (e.g. mailserver.carerix.com). See the image below for a screenshot.
- User name: fill in the username that you have been given - usually this is your full e-mail address.
- Fill in your password for your e-mail server
- Type mailserver: choose IMAP
- Choose the following settings:[x] Fetch e-mail from mailserver[_] Keep a copy... - is greyed out, this option is only available for POP mail. [x] Security (None/SSL/TLS) → choose the option that your mail provider has given you.
- Click the "Edit folders" button directly below. The system will now find the existing folders on your mailserver so they can be synchronised with Carerix. Please note: When the message "An unknown error occured while getting the mail from your mailserver" appears, you've filled in the wrong information - for example a wrong password.
- Find the right Carerix folders with the names on your mailserver (eg. "Sent folder" in Carerix mail → corresponds with → "[Gmail]Sent files" on the mailserver.
In this situation all e-mail (in- and outbound) is handled by Carerix: As soon as the user logs in into Carerix, he will see the latest messages. Make sure you fill in the outgoing e-mail address in the User card, otherwise the outgoing e-mail address will show as email@example.com. carerix.net.
Carerix and MS-Outlook (with MS-Exchange)
If your organization is using Exchange there are two ways to have the e-mail arrive in Carerix:
- Activate a POP-connector or IMAP-connector (Exchange SBS 2003 or 3rd party). Configure itPOP/IMAP serverusername: (if you have an account on our server, use the complete e-mail address, e.g. 'firstname.lastname@example.org')password: Your passwordClick on the Advanced tab:[x] Leave a copy of messages on the server[x] Remove from server after 7 daysGo to Carerix, to the user file, scroll to E-mail settings and choose[x] Fetch E-mail from mailserver SET[x] Keep a copy of fetched E-mails on the mailserver SETMentioned at 'Carerix and Outlook'; Both Exchange and Carerix will now fetch the e-mail from a POP or IMAP server.
- Use the "Relay" function from Exchange: mail that enters Exchange for certain users will be relayed (=a kind of forwarding, with original sender and subject) to the Carerix system e-mail address of the user.
Example: For every e-mail that arrives at the Exchange server for 'email@example.com' a copy will be forwarded to 'firstname.lastname@example.org', which will arrive in Carerix. In the latter case, you will leave the messages in the server for a while, so that both Carerix and MS-Outlook have the opportunity to fetch the messages from the server.
The setting "remove after 7 days' will make sure the messages are deleted in the end, otherwise your mailbox will fill up.
Carerix and Google / Gmail
To configure Carerix email synchronization with Google / Gmail, please follow these instructions: E-mail synchronisation with Google / Gmail 2-Step authentication
E-mail address for sender
A user in Carerix can have any address that will be used as "from" address.
E-mail address for incoming messages
Every user in Carerix has two e-mail addresses:
- a POP/IMAP e-mail address (e.g. 'email@example.com')
- a system e-mail address: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
Tip: Only one POP/IMAP account is available per user. If you want to receive e-mail from multiple POP/IMAP accounts you have to arrange this yourself outside Carerix. For example: forward e-mail from one address to the POP address that is configured in Carerix.
Handling generic e-mail addresses should be configured outside of the Carerix system. For example through distribution lists or aliases on the e-mail server. Ask your e-mail provider to set these up with you.
Policy and tips
- Please ascertain for yourself: Are the e-mail and agenda functions in Carerix adequate to stop using Outlook?
- Some Carerix customers choose to keep two e-mail addresses:
- email@example.com on the business card, e-mail sent to this address arrives in MS-Outlook
- firstname.lastname@example.org si the from-address in Carerix and also the address from which e-mail will enter Carerix through POP or IMAPThis division works because 90% of the messages entering Carerix is a reply on a message sent from Carerix. So, your contacts do not knowingly have to handle two e-mail addresses.
Handling sensitive messages
E-mails that arrive in Carerix can me flagged as "private". From that moment on, the message is invisible to others.
Incoming messages that have "confidential" in the subject are automatically flagged as private. A reply to a private e-mail is also flagged private upon arrival. Until the "confidential" box is unchecked, the whole conversation thread will remain confidential, and invisible to other users.
- Check the Confidential (Incoming e-mails are set to confidential by default) at the Candidate or Contact modules. This way, all e-mails sent from this candidate or contact will automatically be set to "confidential.
- If one of your users always wants to send "private" mail from Carerix that is not visible to other Carerix users, you can set their default incoming/outgoing messages to confidential in the User file.As Administrator, open the User fileCheck one or both of the following options: Incoming E-mail Confidential (Incoming e-mails are set to confidential by default)Outgoing E-mail Confidential (Outgoing e-mails are set to confidential by default)
Carerix provides e-mail capabilities that are tailored to the work of the personnel intermediary. We strongly suggest you to use MS-Outlook alongside Carerix only if there are very strong reasons to do so.